Question
Posted by: Amina | 2010-02-22

Itching all over

Dear Doctor
For several months now I have been itching all over my body. Most especially my head, face,eyes and nose. It does''t stop there, that is just the most severely affected. There doesn''t seem to be any external problem (in other words, no rash, discolouration or laserations). The itching does not stop at all. I find that I take longer to fall asleep as I have to scratch constantly. I am a 36 year old woman weighing about 50kg with no serious health problems. I do, however, suffer from chronic migraines, heavy menstual flows and frequent low blood pressure. Lately, I have, however, been suffering from a decreased appitite, nausea and stomach cramps. What could be the cause?

Hallo Amina
Liver problems can cause an irritating itching in the skin. Please ask your doctor to check your liver functions and kidney functions with a blood test (and while you are there, check your iron levels and full blood count too to exclude anemia)Let him have a look at your tummy, you may have gastritis (stomach lining inflammation) or a peptic ulcer.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-02-22

Hallo Amina
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc