Posted by: Patricia | 2009-07-13

Itching all over

Dear Doctor,

I got lice and bought lice shampoo and washed all my clothes/ bed sheets and covers, bags etc, vaccumed my matress and carpets and desinfected all surfaces with isopropyl alcohol. I didn' t manage to comb all the nits out though, because my hair is too thin and the comb doesn' t work well on it.

Now I feel something like bugs crawling on my body, including face, back and legs. I always feel this when I lie in bed, ever since I was little, but I wonder if it' s lice (I don' t think I had lice before) or dust mites. I' m allergic to dust. I am so worried. I just washed my bed sheets with hot water and made my bed, lay down and I feel this itching again. I also feel this when I go to the movies or sit on the subway/bus or sofas (except with leather covers). It' s so annoying and sometimes it' s so strong that it feels like I' ve been bitten, but then I look and see no signs whatsoever. Could this be lice? Everywhere?

dear Patricia
Lice will only live in hair and not on the rest of the body. You can spray Paraspray on your hair where the current nits are to prevent further lice developing - please follow instructions on bottle carefully as it is poisionous. The crawling feeling you get is not from insects but can be a sign of underlying anxiety. Something like Aterax may help but you will need a prescription.

Posted by: Zexeon | 2009-07-13

Maybe your dr. could prescribe an anti-hystamine as it helps.

Reply to Zexeon