Posted by: AS | 2009-06-08

Itching Agony

Dear Dr
About a week ago, all of a sudden, i delevoped this sudden itchiness... i could not understand what it was. The only assumption i came to was an allergic reaction to the new soap i used. The itchiness was on thefleshy both area, near the vagina opening... i was so desperate, i used antisan ointment, which soothed &  relieved the itchiness a bit. The next day wasnt too bad, i had occassional itching. However the day after, the itchiness seemed to increase. i went my GP, who said that he cant really see anything, &  prescribed a once off fungal capsule, anthistimines, and a 6day candida yeast cream, which is inserted into the vagina everynight (by applicator). i have used it for 4 nights already, however the itchiness still persists. But now in the upper area... the clitoris & longer the bottom area. Furthermore, it is more a burning sensation, and everytime i urinate, it burns terribly. My gynae can only see me in 3months time... i am married for 12years, and only have one sexual partner!... Where to from here!!! I am going insane with the itchiness!

It takes a few days for the antifungals to have an effect. If you are still itching, it may be that you have an allergy or a skin condition. A dermatologist may help.

Posted by: AS | 2009-06-08

Thanks for your feedback...Just to add to the DR, i have since never experienced any discharge of any sort!

Reply to AS
Posted by: Penny | 2009-06-08

I am not a doctor but just my opinion, i had the same problem and was given all sorts of creams and antibiotics but it kept on coming back few days after finishing the treatment. Later my GP decided i go for glucose test, that' s when i found out my sugar levels were bit high. Please have your sugar checked, your sugar could be the culprit here.

Reply to Penny