Posted by: s | 2012-05-28

A couple of months ago the backs of my hands started itching terribly, just that part of my body. I hadnt changed the products i was using, my skin wasnt dry, I wasnt on any medication except for birth control which I have been on for years (it just changed to yaz in about Dec)
The the itch started spreading up my arms and continued to the extent that I now have a full body extreme itch all the time. It seems to be the worst from the evening through to night and in the morning and it''s just not going away. Again, no new products, no medication, no dry skin. What''s happening and how can I stop this?

You will have to consult a dermatologist for an examination and blood tests. Eczema can present at later stages of life without any predisposing factors. Other factors, like liver pathology, impacted kidney stones and pancreatic pathology can also cause a general pruritis. It is therefore, important to consult a doctor. In the interim, you can use Texa (antihistamine), which is non-sedating and can alleviate the itching. Ask your pharmacist about this product.