Question
Posted by: FIONA | 2011-09-20

ITCHING

My husband has been driven mad by a very itchy scalp on the sides of his head near his ears which are also itchy at times. He has been given a shampoo to use by the chemist but this has not helped at all - the skin is not dry or red at all and he has no sign of dandruff or anything. I have read somewhere that having an itchy skin could be related to other illnesses - is this possible?

Fiona

It is possible that it is related to another illness and I suggest that he consults a dermatologist to find the cause for his problem.