Posted by: Itching | 2011-05-23

I recently changed my bath soap to a strong anti germ soap (protex), since then i have bad vaginal itching and burning, even more so when I wash with the soap

I have changed to baby soap, but its still itchy, not as bad but uncomfortable, should I get an ointment and if so which?

I am not sexually active

The first problem is that the soap and the fact that you are bathing will cause vaginal irritation, as all the natural bacteria that protect the skin, are being killed. You will find that you might even develop a vaginal candida.

I suggest that you apply Apor vaginal cream, twice daily for a week and that you refrain from bathing in this time. Rather take a shower.

Alternate showering and bathing and rather use a mild soap, like Dove soap.

If the itching does not clear, rather consult your doctor for an examination.

Posted by: Amandeep | 2016-03-16

I have itching problem since four months. I already use number of itching tubes but it did'nt gave me result even I have many stains on my body. So if I use protex soap it can solve my problem.

Reply to Amandeep

I am pregnant and i used protex soap to wash now my vagina is badly burned that i even hv a sore on one lip of my vagina i even have white rash... What cream can i use to help me heal cus i am forever itching its uncomfortable

Protex causes it! I had itchyness and a horrible smell from using it. It went away ever since changing my soap.

Posted by: Candice | 2011-05-24

Oooh it is VERY sensitive down there and soaps like Protex are not meant to be used. Instead of using the baby soap, try aqueous soap but only a bit of the foam (not the actual soap). I read that you shouldn''t actual wash with soap, water will do but personally I think that''s gross. You do get special liquid soaps of down there but I don''t trust them as they are more than likely deodorised and that would also cause discomfort.

Reply to Candice