Question
Posted by: olie | 2011/04/11

itching

I have itchy bumps that feel like bug bites only on my scalp mostly in the middle of the back of head and behind my ears all within the hair line and sometimes on the nape of my neck. there are usually clusters of a 3 to 5 but not always, they are spiratically placed and sometimes a single bump. there is a course ive noticed i itch and itch the bumps get bigger and scabbed over. i cant see them all that well but sometimes there is fluid when the scab is pulled off. i know its not lice ive had that before when i was elementary school. there are no eggs or the constant feeling of bugs crawling around in my head. although sometimes not often i do feel like there is something crawling around on me. i do have two small dogs. thought that would just be fleas or something, i don''t think thats what is causing this because it is isolated to my scalp there are no other bites on my body

Hallo Olie
this could be a fungal infection (kerion) or folliculitis (infection of the hair follicle) and you may need antifungal or antibiotic medication (tablets). See http://www.skinsight.com/child/kerion.htm
Please let your doctor have a look to prescribe medication if needed?

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/04/12

Hallo Olie