Question
Posted by: doggone | 2010/08/19

itching

my dog who has some border collie in her has always had itchy skin especially in the winter when sometimes little sores erupt. In the past when this has happened, in addition to the allergex I normally give her (2 at night- she weighs 40kg), I have had her on cortisone for several days. I don''t want to do that any more because this winter the sores seem to be present constantly. I know too much cortisone is dangerous. But I feel very sorry for the dog. The skin itching is not due to food allergy and is probably due to inhaled allergens.

Hi Doggone

If you are concerned about the itchy skin and you suspect that it might be allergy induced then I would suggest that you go and have your dog allergy tested and get immunotherapy.

2
Posted by: d | 2010/08/31

does she have fleas? some dogs are allergic to the mucus of fleas...

Reply to d
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010/08/20

Hi Doggone

Reply to Cybervet