Question
Posted by: Marielise | 2010-06-24

Itching

Am 40 year old female prone to atopic dermatitis my whole life. The itching I have had for the past 2 weeks is not a rash but an itch from under the skin, all over my body. Once a certain area gets very itch it forms a lump under the skin which remains for about 48 hours. By that time at least one other lump as formed in another spot. The itching is driving me mad. There are also open sores on my head where I scratched open the skin, something like insect bites. I have tried cortisone ointment and anti-histamine pills - no luck. Am drinking paracetamol at the moment which is giving some relief. Please help.

Hallo Marielise
It sounds like you are getting hives. If antihistamines doesn't help, you may need to get a prescription for cortisone for a few days.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-06-28

Hallo Marielise