Posted by: Christa | 2010-03-24

I bought a new puppy and picked it up last week Tuesday. The breeder phoned me informing me that the mother and babies have fleas but that she has taken them to the vet and used Frontline. I also took the puppy to the vet after fetching it and he assured me nothing more can be done and fleas will die.

Wednesday morning I started to get spots and it was itchy. Today my whole body is covered and I am scratching like it is going out of fashion. Went to the ER yesterday and they took blood test. Full blood count, nothing wrong and waiting for test to determine if it could be chicken pocks.

He assured me that if I looked like this and it is from the puppy, the puppy should be dead by now. Well I still cannot think why I got it just after I got the puppy. Another thing, I came back from the Argus on Monday last week. Stayed in a holiday flat, very neat but one will never know.

Every day there seems to be more spots and the itching gets worse. What could it be??????

Please help me with something that I can use, at this stage I use calamine lotion but it does not help.

It is possible that you have a parasitic skin infection and I suggest that you consult your GP for a skin scraping, in order to determine the cause of the rash.

Kind regards

Posted by: MELANIE | 2010-03-25

Reply to MELANIE