Posted by: E | 2009-09-11

Please help me. I am too embarressed to go to my GP. I am pretty sure I dont have thrush but the itchiness have gotten so bad that I scratch myself until I bleed. Nothing works, I have stopped useing perfumed products, I use wear cotton underware but it does' nt go away. It drives me mad. Is there a over the counter medication that I can use please? I have once plucked up the courage to see the doctor and was given sporanox but it keeps on re occurring.

The ideal will be to have a papsmear done. In the interim ask your pharmacist for Canesten 1 VC, as a single dose to be inserted at night. You should also Apor cream, applied twice daily to the itching areas for at least ten days.

If you are married, your husband should also be treated for Candida, thus he should also use the Apor cream for a period of 10 days (applied twich daily).

A good idea will be to screen you and your partner for insullin resistant diabetes. Thrush is commonly associated with diabetes and is very hard to treat if the patient has this metabollic disease.