Question
Posted by: ami | 2009-10-17

Itch with no apparent cause

Hi Doc,
I have had a very intense itch on my right shoulder blade for about 4 days now. It only really concerns me because there is NO apparent cause for it. there is no redness, bumps, rash, moles or marks of any sort. I do have a few moles on my back not too far from the itch, but if I pin-point the itching, it seems not to be from a mole. The itching is quite intense - somewhat like a fresh mosquito or insect bite. What could possibly be causing this?

Ami

Ask your doctor for a full examination and a possible referral to a neurologist, as the itching can be due to a neuralgic cause.