Question
Posted by: Yolanda | 2011/03/09

Ischaemic Demyelination

I had Bells Palsy about 2 years ago and for the last 6 months I have been battling with constant ear infections and migraines. My ENT referred me for a MRI scan, the conclusion is as follows: Evindence of ischaemic demyelination within both cerebral hemispheres, with focal areas of demyelination... What does this mean?? I can only see my ENT again at the end of April.

Yolanda

Hallo Yolanda
It means that the sheath of the nerves were damaged - often a finding after infection or lack of oxygen to the brain. It is sometimes reversible and sometimes not. I suggest you call your ENT and ask him if he has seen the report, as he may need to refer you to a neurologist.

1
Posted by: cYBERDOC | 2011/03/10

Hallo Yolanda

Reply to cYBERDOC