Posted by: Rusty | 2011-03-05

Ischaemic Colitis

After having a Colonoscopy I was diagnosed with Ischaemic colitis polyps were found and the physician said I did not need surgery but the problem could be treated with medication . My Dr has never heard of this illness and after testing bloods for cholestrol, diabetes etc.etc said that all was ok and I could carry on as before. Is it adviseable to eat nuts dried fruit and spicy foods. I have the problem of a runny tummy now and am eating very little now as I do not know what to do. What type of medication was the physician referring to, do you know? Have you any advice for me.
Tnank you kindly.

Ischaemic Colitis refers to the blockage of one of the many arteries supplying oxygen to the colon. This causes tissue death and inflammation to a small part of the colon. Please refer to the following link to fully understand the condition:

No real cause can be found and it is treatable with medication.