Posted by: Help | 2011-08-03

Is vommiting normal in pnemonia

My mom went to the doctor with the following symptoms yesterday
- Shortness of breath
- Vormitting
- Tired and weak
- Temparature
The doctor said she has pnemonia, gave her injection and medication and said she must come back again today. No Xrays were done.
She dosed off after the injection. When she woke up she couldn''t stomach anything, she had water and cup a soup but vomitted again. This morning she was struggling to breath.
Is this pnemonia? must we take her for second opinion?
Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

It is possible that there is an infectious process present, maybe localised in the lung. It is worrying that she is vommiting without resolve. I think that she has to reconsult her doctor or to get a second opinion, as dehydration may set in that will make her very ill.

Feedback will be appreciated.

Posted by: Help | 2011-08-12

Thank you Doc, we took her back to the doctor and she is much better now.

Reply to Help