Posted by: Leon | 2010-04-14

Is vermicilly (Semolina) bad for dogs?

Hi doc

I recently got a whole box of vermicilli from somebody. I intend cooking it and then mixing it with tinned dogfood to make it more appealing for my spoilt little brats.

Is there anything in vermicilli (semolina) that is bad for my dogs?Regards

I have no idea.

Actually many things in commercial dog food are not actually appropriate to feed dogs...ash for instance is there as a cheap filler only. Nor should dogs be eating pasta, and many dogs have issues with chicken and beef! Cows milk should not be given to dogs. They cannot process whole sweetcorn, shouldn't eat onion, garlic etc etc the list is long. Cooking your own dog food is the only way to avoid these many many pitfalls..since my vet educated me as to what my dog should be eating and I started cooking for them every second day their health, eyes, coats, enthusiasm for life and many other things have changed much for the better it's the only thing is recommend.

Posted by: Cybervet | 2010-04-16

I have no idea.

Reply to Cybervet
Posted by: Chill | 2010-04-14

It''s not directly unhealthy, but it certainly isn''t the kind of nutrition dogs require. Nor is tinned food, for that matter - the best is a good quality commercial dogfood, which doesn''t need anything added to it to make it optimal.

Reply to Chill