Is toast better than normal bread?

HI, I have heard that when you toast bread, something changes in the " chemical"  composition and it is better and less " fattening"  to eat. Is this true?

Also, what is the difference between the Brown and Whole Grain Albany Bread. It is the red and green wrappers... Are both equal in kilojoules?

Dear Reader
Toasting bread may remove some of the water in the bread and make it more concentrated, which would increase the energy content slightly. To change the availability of the carbohydrate and protein contents you would have to char the bread so severely that you would not be able to eat it. I don't have the nutritive composition of every brand of bread that is sold in SA. If you check out the wrappers of these breads you will see that they list the nutritive content on each one. According to the SA Food Tables, both brown bread and wholewheat/wholegrain bread on average contain 930 kJ/100g, but the Albany bread may show a slight difference.

I' ve had a dietician telling me that I may only eat bread if I' ve first frozen and toasted it. Following on this advice I did some reading. Found a study that apparently shows that freezing (must skip this phase) and then toasting bread lowers the glycaemic index quite a lot. I guess it' s the lowered GI, which means lower bloodsugar and blood insulin responses, that helps with weight control. (and not the calorie content of the slice of bread).