Posted by: Anon | 2013-02-15

Is this wrong to ask

I wish to put on my CV that I do not wish to work for a Jewish firm.
I do not hate the Jews or anything like that, I just do not like working for them.

Maybe you've had some bad experiences with a firm which happened to be owned or run by Jewish people, but I don't think there's any characteristic form of "Jewish firm". Putting it in your CV will suggest to all, including other firms, that you have anti-Semitic prejudices and maybe others you haven't disclosed to them, and would make you seem a significantly less acceptable applicant.
Evaluate eacj job prospect in its own right, and turn down the offer, if you get one, if you have sensible reasons for not liking the management.
Purple's comments are typically wise and worth your thinking about. Maybe see a counsellor to better understand your prejudices and concerns, for your own benefit

Posted by: Purple | 2013-02-15

Generalisations aren''t generally useful.

Some people of a particular group may fit the stereotypes, but many will not.

It may help you to look long and hard about what makes you feel this way and try to get over it.

You may think its not that you don''t like Jewish people, but what you''re describing here is exactly what religious discrimination is.
Its not anything to do with the job, its purely becuase of someó ne''s religion.

I would also do as Maria says, if you feel that strongly, just don''t accept a job offer from a Jewish person.

Do bear in mind though that there are Jewish people in many workplaces, and you will come into contact with Jewish people at work whether you work directly for someone who is Jewish or not. Your direct boss might not be Jewish and then get replaced by someone who is. The board of directors may have Jewish people on it. Someone on your level may get promoted into a supervisory position over you and happen to be Jewish.

This may cause problems for you through your life, not to mention being quite unfair to people whose beliefs you just happen not to like.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: Maria | 2013-02-15

I think that will look very bad on a cv. Rather just tell any agency you work through or even better, don''t accept a job offer from a Jewish firm.

Reply to Maria