Posted by: Kate | 2009-01-21

Is this wrong...

Hi there,
To cut a long story short, I am a 24yr old female and i have feelings for an older man. He is 41yrs old divorced with 1 kid.
He is a wonderful guy sweet,caring and we get along really well. He has absolutely know idea how i feel and i have no intenetions of telling him right now. Is it wrong to feel like this about a man 17yrs my senior? please any advice?

While no relationship which may have some built-in problems should be rushed into, mere age difference alone should not make a relationship fail. Its not WRONG to like an older man. If your feelings aere unrealistic, or based on factors other than him himself ( such as wanting a father-figure ) then the relationship would be at risk as would any other based on unrealistic assumptions.
Whatever it is you feel you don't want to tell him now, there's no genuine relationship if he doesn't know how you feel and if you refuse to discuss this with him

Posted by: jennie | 2009-01-21

Cybershrink cannot read your response once you have posted. You have to send a NEW message if you want him to read it.

Reply to jennie
Posted by: Kate | 2009-01-21

Cybershrink, thank you for your response and advice. I think the feelings do not stem from other factors ie family issues. Anon, i do to a certain extent think about what others would say thats also the reason for me not telling him how I feel as i think the feelings are somewhat mutual.

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Anon | 2009-01-21

Age is nothing but a number, if he makes you happy, respects you and cares about you, why not?

Or are you worried about what people will think? It' s your life, not theirs.