Question
Posted by: Curves | 2008-11-20

Is this weight bearing

Hi I have osteoporosis and take 1200 mg of calcium a day plus Vit D amongst other supplements, diet is good BUT excercise a problem due to heart condition. I cannot overdo things.
I go to Curves twice a week and that consists of resistence movements and a little cardio in between. I need to do weight bearing exercises I assume to prevent deterioration of bones. Im nearly 60. Is Curves the right type of exercise?

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Curves
Yes, the exercise at Curves is fine. If you can manage it, you can try and do a bit more walking during the week- no need to run - just walk.