Posted by: Marsha | 2010-01-15

Is this something to worry about?

Hi doc. I dont know what to make out of this but from last week i had been suffering with my sinus. i felt the ful comming on but tackled it before it could strike. after my sinus stopped i started getting a heavy chest. My throat gets dry to a point where i cough alot &  the cough brings about a throwing up feeling.My phlegm is normal but when i get this cough its normally wet &  slighty green. But other than that its normal. im still suffering with my chest till now. I bought some cough syrup but after that losses its effect the phlegm starts building up. My friend had warned me that i get it checked up incase it leads to broncitis or something but how bad is this? i honestly dont feel like its anything major though

If the symptoms are worrying, I suggest that you consult a doctor for an examination and a chest x-ray. It can be a start of pneumonia, which can make you very ill.