Posted by: yemi | 2009-03-24

is this something to be worried about?

generally: i' m diagnosed with depression and social anxiety, as far as i can make out from looking at accounts and stuff, and not taking any medication at the moment. seeing a psychologist once a month, and going to a group once a week. i was seeing a psychiatrist also about once every 1,5 months, but haven' t got an appointment since i stopped taking medication.

at the moment things aren' t going so well. moods are very variable and extreme. i keep getting hyped about an idea or plan, such as making a film (??? i don' t even have a proper camera which could make a film), but feel like shit at the same time. it takes very little to get into a rage, which i don' t express but take it out on myself. i' ve started binge-eating and exercising too much to compensate, which i was doing but went a month without (and was incredibly happy about stopping - so it' s not doing much for mood right now). i don' t know what to do. should i be doing anything? i' m not really comfortable enough with the psychologist to try and get hold of them in between appointments, and as an added factor my parents (paying the bills) can' t afford any more and don' t trust this guy anyway. half the time i have such hatred directed at my own body that i think i am a danger to myself. i' m just pretty scared of going onto more medication, because the last lot resulted in worse depression, kak eating habits and insane withdrawal. :/

Why did you stop taking the medication your psychiatrist had ecommended ? Why did you stop seeing the psychiarist ? Medication can really help in Depression. So too can counselling, therap IF it is of the Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy form ( CBT ) ( analytical types of counselling --- lie back and tell me about your childhood, are useless ). It sounds as though you need a re-assessment or second opiion psychiatrically, as your condition sounds as though it is becomeing more comples. This could be a bipolar disorder, now showing itself as such, which includes periods of getting too high and disorganized, between periods of down depressions. If your parents don't trust the guy ( the psychiatrist or the psychologist ? ) rather see the psychiatrist for a re-assessment and reconsideration of the diagnosis and medication. Proper medication, given time to work, should be able to help you feel much bbetter and more stable