Question
Posted by: UNLIMIT | 2008/08/22

IS THIS SANE/NORMAL

I' M A 25YR OLD IN ASTICKY SITUATION, 1ST OF ALL I' M CONFUSED MOST OF THE TIME I CAN' T DECIDE ON ANYTHING WITHOUT SOMEONE' S INPUT . I VE GOT ENOMOURS FEAR EVEN FEAR TO GREET SOMEBODY I CAN' T MAKE FRIENDS COZ I' M SCARED TO SPEAK TO SOMEBODY I DON' T KNOW. I' VE GOT NO SELF ESTEEM AND NEED APPROVAL FOR EVERYTHING I DO. I HAVE FOUND COMFORT IN SEXUAL ACTIVITIES AND IT ALSO PAINS ME COZ IM NOT MARRIED AND IM ACHRISTIAN. WHAT CAN I DO TO AID MYSELF

Certainly sounds like unuually and uncomfortably low self-esteem. Why not see a good local counsellor, especially if you can find one using the Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy method ( CBT ) and you can put this right. Be cautious about the trap you may be falling into of plunging into sexual relationships because you feel more competent and confident there, rather than working to broaden your range of situations in which you feel confident and good about yourself

1
Posted by: Rosey | 2008/08/24

I experienced a similar thing at one stage. Was always worried and anxious. About everything. Probably a general anxiety disorder. Cognitive behavioural therapy definately helped.

Reply to Rosey