Question
Posted by: DL | 2011-01-09

Is this possible? - Continued

You said that hormone treatments such as testosterone might help? He had testicular cancer a few years ago, but it only affected one of the testes. Is this also a possible cause? I really don''t know how to bring this up with him without causing embarressment for him. Do I go to the Dr. and talk to her without him being present and then take him along the second time? He would be furious with me! If you have any advice on how to bring the subject up I would greatly appreciate it!

Expert ImageAgeing and Sexuality expert

If he has had cancer testosterone may not be allowed due to risks of future cancers. I do think you need to get your husband to a doctor- men are reluctant generally to go to doctors, it s a problem. I also believe that you have the right to consult your doctor on your own and let her know how concerned and unhappy you are about your husband and your sexuality.

I would like it think your doctor would then call your husband as a duty call, adnd ask for him to come in for a check up - and would then initiate the sexual health conversation. do not undermine hwo important this is for both of you- do go ahead adn do it.

5
Posted by: Ageing and Sexuality expert | 2011-01-22

Reply to Ageing and Sexuality expert
Posted by: Me | 2011-01-12

Doing all the things for you that you mentioned, not necessarily means that he is attracted to you mentally, but rather physically.
From my point of view (ref now to me and my g/f), I dont think I love her like I should..or supposed to, if you know what I mean.
I easily get worked up if I fantasize about...well, any other girl for that matter...wich tells me that the feeling that I have for my girl is not...I dunno, true/sicere probably.And doin what I am doing for her and her 2 kids, you would imagine that I totaly are in love with her every second of the day. Anyway, I do hope things work out for you guys, as I know that sex for woman in general is absolutely very important, and I can see with my own girl that it''s realy getting to her lately, and like i said..I cant blame her.
Best of luck girl.

Reply to Me
Posted by: DL | 2011-01-11

Yes, I am very much attracted to him - of course I cannot speak for him, but I should imagine he''s still attracted to me... For example  every night he would run me a bath, sit with me while I''m having a bath, brush my hair etc... And he doesnt'' like it when strange men talk to me. LOL. It''s definitely still there - it''s just that the sex part is missing. And that is extremely frustrating to me!!! It''s like he''s too scared to even try doing anything remotely related to sex...

Reply to DL
Posted by: Me | 2011-01-11

You can read my post below (10)...not lekker.

Reply to Me
Posted by: Me | 2011-01-11

Hi DL, I have the same problem, just that I''m healthy. Doc gave me Testosterone injections every 2nd week, never helped. Maybe your hubby''s afffected by whatever drugs prescribed for him...but there might be something else wrong here as well. Is he still attracted to you... and you to him...physically?

Reply to Me