Question
Posted by: Wondering | 2010/02/10

Is this possible?

Is it possible for an HIV infected women to have unprotected intercourse with a male partner for approx four years and the partner testing neg? If so how?

Hallo Wondering
The risk of contracting HIV with each sexual encounter depends on whether the HIV positive partner is taking ARV's (causes a low viral load in the body), whether the male is circumcised, kind of intercourse (vaginal intercourse has a lower risk than anal intercourse) and probably pure luck. I would not recommend taking the risk. The HIV positive woman could also have had a false positive test and it may be necessary to go for a follow up test to confirm.

2
Posted by: Wondering | 2010/02/11

Thank you for your answer Doctor, you where a great help. And I would like to thank you for the great work you are doing for us on this site, you give us hope and peace with our fears.

THANK YOU!

Reply to Wondering
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/02/10

Hallo Wondering

Reply to cyberdoc