Question

Is this possible?

Hi Doc, I just want to know if it' s possible not to know that your pregnant until you have the baby? My cousin (25 years old) had a baby last week and she only " found out"  she was pregnant when she went to the doctor a few days earlier for constipation. She said that she was having her periods and she just never knew. She' s a big chubby girl but I think she' s lying (I saw her wearing a VERY lose dress a few weeks ago). So I just want to know- is it possible not to know?

This is complex and usually denial is involved. Some women do not 'pick up' on the usual signs of pregnancy which most women would.

2
Posted by: Nini | 2009/11/03

Hi, I am no doctor but YES it is very possible. I work with a collegue who also found out she was pregnant the day she gave birth!!!! she is not big built at all, but she fell pregnant very quickly after her first child was born, and couldnt see she was pregnant cause her tummy was still streched and she had lost none of the previous baby weight yet. Also, she was breast feeding and therefore her periods were messed up, which was another reason for her not to suspect anything. so yes, it is possible...

Reply to Nini