Question
Posted by: Belle | 2009-06-22

Is this ok?

am new... lets give this a bash. Please tell me if this is ok.

2 x Iron Supplement, 2 x multivitamin, 1 x Omega Oils tablet with 200ml Orange Juice to help with absorption.

B - Meal replacement with fat free milk / 300ml
S - 1 x Slim Slab - 1 x low fat melrose triangle / 500ml Water
L : Meal replacement with fat free milk / 300ml
S : Banana / 500ml Water
D : Coss Lettuce, 1 tomatoe (small), 1/2 cucumber, 1 slice mozerella cheese, 1 grilled chicken breast, 1/4 onion, 4 x baby carrots, low fat greek dressing, about 1 teaspoon / green tea with 1 teaspoon honey
S : Low fat frozen yogurt / 500ml water

Before Bed : 500ml water

Gym is cardio today / 30 minutes. I am new to training and will increase my work out time per week by 15 minutes.

PS : the reason for the meal replacements is my working times are erratic and I cant sit and eat something, so its better than nothing.

Dear Belle
Welcome to the DietDoc Message Board. I presume you are following this diet to lose weight? If so you need to check if your meal replacement product plus 300 ml of fat-free milk does not contain more than 2100 kJ otherwise it will not give you the desired effect. Otherwise your food intake is reasonable and should cause weight loss. If the meal replacement already contains lots of vitamins and minerals (check on the label) then it is not necessary to take such large doses of the iron and the multivitamin as excessive intakes can also be potentially harmful. The omega oil tablets and the orange juice is fine. Don't overdo you water intake because adults only require 2,5 litres of liquid a day (in your case water, milk and orange juice) and once again excessive liquid intake can deplete vital minerals.
It is a good idea to start your exercise programme sensibly and increase your output as you get fitter and lose weight.