Question
Posted by: Pat | 2010-10-18

Is this normal?

I''m Hiv+ and i have been taking ARVs for 3months now. I started taking treatment because my Cd4 count had dropped and i had lost weight even though i was not sick. After taking treatment i gained about 4kg, I try to eat well and i do a lot of walking. I have lost weight again and this worries me. Should i be worried because i feel fine, i don''t have any health issues.

Hallo Pat
It could be fat distribution due to the ARV you are taking. The more important things to monitor your disease progression on is the CD4 count and viral load test. Try getting Sibusiso ready food (ask your pharmacy if they can order it - and what the cost would be) as a supplement to prevent weight loss.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-10-19

Hallo Pat
dr Bets