Question
Posted by: Mary-ann | 2010/05/19

Is this normal

I am currently 30 weeks pregnant and will be having my baby in a midwife run obstetrics unit. I have had no problems, and as it is my 1st pregnancy, what should i expect at my appointments.

measuring my tummy and checking the babies heart rate (i have been for ultrasounds too). Is it normal to go through your whole pregnancy without having a vaginal exam? I know lots of people have them during pregnancy? What do they look for up there?

There is no need to have a vaginal exaination as a routine. If there is concern about the cervix opening, or any infection, this should be done.

1