Question

is this it?

I am feeling really down in the dumps, a kind of feeling like " is this it"  I get up everyday momday to friday work from 8-5 go home cook clen spend time with my hubby and the kids. We struggle every month end to pay bills, sometimes we have extra left for a night a a resturant sometimes not. I am sitting at work today thinking is this as good as it gets its been years and years of the same thing nothing exciting no family holidays to look forward to nothing to be excited about nothing... We are stuck in a rut financially and we dont spend money on unimportant things like shopping or buying things we dont need....

Of course Reality Check is right. And I've treated some awfully miserable millionaires. Happiness is about how you choose to feel about what you have, and is never about what you don't have, nor brought by getting any of the items on one's wish list.
Why not pick some relatively inexpensive extra treats and save up for them, even if its once every several months ?

7
Posted by: Telly Savalas | 2011/10/06

Oh please WTF wake up, to sit in financial strains ain''t easy and it can make you feeling dpressed, you really want to give your family and children just that little bit more, nothing wrong with how you feel if you don''t move up in life whether it''s financially or in love or just feel at peace with what you have or want to have.

Let me tell you something else, working in an environment where race is more important than good quality work and expierience, then trust me it makes your blood boil.

I would say just maybe go through your budget once more and see where you might over spend on something you don''t realise you just might have overlooked something. But if not maybe the advice of trying a small loan to go away for 5 days might also be a good idea as someone had said above.

If not then i wish all the best and hope that you get some kind of spunk back into your life. I do understand that your not feeling un appreciated of ehat you have, but nothing wrong for wanting more and put some peace in your soul.

Reply to Telly Savalas
Posted by: Maria | 2011/10/05

It sounds as if your problem might be stuck in a rut rather than just financial. Plan to do some different things that don''t cost too much money. Dust off any boardgames you may have and start playing them with your kids rather than watching tv. Or now that it''s summer go for a walk or play outside. Instead of having a meal at home, pack a picnic and go to the park or the beach.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: WTF | 2011/10/05

A family, employment and a roof over yr head - l wish l had your problems!

Reply to WTF
Posted by: Jenna | 2011/10/05

You sound like my husband. He goes on the way you do and I tell him as well that there are SO MANY things to be grateful for. But I know what you mean, and it’ s easy for everyone to say count your blessings and I am sure you do, but there is nothing wrong with wanting a bit more, especially for your children. I’ m sure you’ d like to take them on holiday to see the country, I’ m sure you’ d like to take them out every now and again to have a taste of something different, I’ m sure you’ d just appreciate a break to a simple B& B down the road! You need to learn to want the things you have. But again, I understand your frustration. May I make a suggestion? Why don’ t you, every couple of years or so, take a small personal loan and go somewhere within the country for a few days? Nothing fancy or too pricey, but something just to get away and so your children can also see the country. That way you can have a bit of a break without breaking the bank.

Reply to Jenna
Posted by: Queen | 2011/10/05

Having money and being happy are two separate things. As a result those who do have extra cash to spend are not necessarily happy.
Happiness is a choice, and most of us choose to focus on what we don''t have. Believing that as soon as we have more only then are we going to be happy.

Tip: Every morning, count every positive thing you have in your life. You''ll be amazed how well off you are.

Reply to Queen
Posted by: Reality check | 2011/10/05

You Have...

A job
A home
Food 2 cook
A husband
Kids
Money 2 pay bills
The occasional night out

Some people would change places with u in a shot.............

Reply to Reality check