Posted by: Adi | 2010-11-05

Is this herpes?

About 13 days ago I had mutual masturbation with a hooker. She said sghe was clean and got tested regularly. She had no lesions. Before she masturbated me she dragged her hand across her labia with the lube (why????) and then masturbated me to orgasm.
About 7 days ago I started getting a burning sensation on the side of my penis just below the helmet. It has pretty much constantly burned since then - but is better in the mornings when I wake up, just worsening during the day. I have no discharge, no ulcers, no bumps, and I have not seen any redness even. On Tuesday (2 days ago) I had HSV test and it has come back positive HSV1 IgM and negative HSV1 IgG (both negative HSV2) - they have not given me titres. I started on valacyclovir on Tuesday but it seems pretty much the same. I have had no glands (although my left testicle was a little achy yesterday) and no fever or other systemic signs. My chlamydia (serum and urethral swab) and PSA were both normal.
What is this???? Do I have herpes??

It seems to me that you have a long lasting infection, named Herpes Simplex 1 for free. Continue with the medication and let me know about the outcome.