Question
Posted by: Horrible Wife | 2010/11/15

Is this fair

My hubby is temping through some agency. Anyway this people doesn''t pay him the way they should. Not money-wise, time-wise. Anyway hubby seems to be upset with me. I told him now he must find out what is happening, is it weekly, forth night, monthly or whatever. Last week he got paid for 2 weeks ON THE Wednesday. They told him it''s weekly ok, so with this we expected it every Friday. His consultant told him last week Monday, it is every Monday. Like I said last week it was Wednesday. Today still nothing. I called him now and told him what I feel he should do as it is not my place and I feel I don''t wanna involve me. I feel this people are unprofessional. I told him he must find out WHEN is payday, like I said its not about the money, it''s about principle to me. To date NO PAYSLIP. He has been there for only one month.......... Am I unreasonable coz it would appear according to my husband that I am putting him under pressure. It seems like my husband is too shy to ask them these relevant questions. Maybe he feels they are doing him this huge favour and he must be forever greatful. I think it''s a win win situation, he gets paid and they get paid. We cannot live our lives on a :MAYBE MONDAY”  basis and that is what I told my husband. Am I really unreasonable.

Maybe he's shy, but maybe the employers are unpleasant and he fears possibly losing this job.

3
Posted by: Horrible Wife | 2010/11/15

Anon, I do understand what you saying, i am not controlling at all. But i just feel it is good to know when this is gonna happen. If they can say between Mon and Wed, fine.....As long as he knows what''s going on. At least you know it''s between 25-31....... Unlike him..........And yes we are very glad that we have jobs and yes we do appreciate it very very much. I think any person wants to know when is payday. Or round about WHEN.

Reply to Horrible Wife

I''m currently working for a company for the pass 5 years and get paid anytime between the 25-31. I''m the only one who gets paid a salary and everybody else is commission based. I dont mean to be rude but why does it bother you so much, you sound a bit controlling give the guy a break he is still get used to the job and the environment can imagine how stressful that is for him - temping isn''t secure. We should all be glad we have work at all.