Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2010/04/14

Is this enough kj?

I''m on 400mg of Seroquel and gained 10kg in 4 months time so now I''m on the following diet and would like toknow if its healthy? I have to loose weight as my BMI=29.
08:00 50ml Pro-nutro whole wheat
11:00 banana
14:00 50ml USN with 2% milk
17:00 50ml USN with 2% milk
3 cups of coffee with sweetners and milk
5 cups of tea with only milk
Is this enough kj intake?

Dear Is this Enough?
The diet you describe is very low in energy and can lead to deficiencies, which is not desirable. It would be better to eat a balanced, low-fat diet that includes normal foods from all the food groups. You can try using an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet) instead because the diet you describe is too minimalistic. It is also important to increase your energy output by doing regular daily exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for at least 30 or more minutes a day.
You may lose weight at a slower rate with the balanced diet, but you will feel much better and be healthier on it than if you starve yourself.

1

Dear Is this Enough?