Posted by: C | 2009-07-14

Is this enough?

I would like to find out if my exercise routine is okay (I exercise at home, limited time with 2 kids, female, 39) - my goal: to increase fitness level and stamina/endurance:
* 20-25 min cardio (divided between spinning, jumping rope and stair running) 
* 15-20 min stretching (because I just love it and needs to be flexible)
* 15 min push-ups, sit-ups and other strengh exercises
* 10 min wushu forms
Twice a week (for an hour) I also have Wushu training (which is quite tough). I exercise at least 5-6 days per week.
Should I add/change anything?

Hi C

It sounds pretty good. The balance is good, you have cardio and toning and variety in the trianing. You're doing it 5 or 6 times a week which is good. So I can't fault in terms of the composition. The intensity is important, difficult to quantify, but obviously you can make a mistake in training either too hard or too easy, so you have to avoid that. Aim for moderate, maybe 7 out of 10 on a scale from 0 to 10.

Otherwise, sounds good. Make sure your diet is good, and then it should see you getting healthier. Focus on fitness, as well, rather than weight loss.