Question
Posted by: Jenny | 2010/05/19

Is this endometriosis

Good day GynaeDoc

I have a little bit of a strange problem, which I''d like your help with. I am 28 and ever since I first got my periods (around age 13) the menstrual blood has come out of my anus, as well as the vagina. However, when I use a tampon no blood comes out of the anus. I know you may think that I simply think that the blood is coming out of the anus when it''s coming out of the vagina only, but I am 100% sure it comes out of the anus too. I know that with endometriosis the uterine tissue grows in other areas and bleeds monthly too, so was wondering if this was perhaps the case or whether you perhaps have any other suggestions? Otherwise I am perfectly healthy with no other medical conditions.

It does not make sense that using a tampon prevents the blood from coming out of the anus, as the tampon goes in the vagina. If there was endometriosis in the anus, it would continue to bleed even with the tampon in the vagina.

2
Posted by: Jenny | 2010/05/24

I understand that it doesn''t make sense, but it does happen. So what do you think it could be? A fistula, perhaps?

Reply to Jenny