Question
Posted by: Help | 2009/01/19

Is this depression?

I have constant thoughts of myself dying from some incurable disease. I have patches were it is very bad that I seem to shut down to everyone. I have had this for a while. Seems to be worse after my pregnancy.
I am on wellbutrin for moods?
Why would i have such thoughts?

Hypochondriasis, which may well be related to depression, and which would be relieved by proper treatment with antidepressants and CBT counselling. Wellbutrin might help, as could other antidepressants, but I'd see the CBT as critically important. And mood is often worse after a preganncy, as in PND, and this could be relevant here, too.