Question
Posted by: Lindani | 2009/11/03

Is this advert legal?

Hi There,

I came across this advert for a job at a jobsite and i have seen alot of these is this legal? under what category does it fall also what is EE? White Only?

Job # 1017410/20967: EE Accountant
R15,000-20,000 Per Month CTC

Permanent senior level position in the Manufacturing, Production &  Trades sector in xxxx, xxxx in South Africa (Gauteng).
Posted by xxxxx Personnel on 30/10/2009

Looking for Young, Dynamic WHITE Female / Male

Relevant accounting diploma/degree preferred
Commercial accounting experience
Strong, assertive personality - entrepreneurial type
Highly ethical and trustworthy
High energy level - able to work long hours and multi-task

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: IS THIS ADVERT LEGAL

The advert does appear to be completely illegal and you could complain to the equality court with regard to this advert.

4

Tammy,

Are you braindead? Ever heard of Afirmative Action? Being living under a rock I see... Labour lawyer said its ILLEGAL.

Posted by: naomi | 2009/11/11

There are many ads out there on your pnets,career junction and the likes that ask for a specific race only...Its what the clients wants and I don' t think its fair to blame the recruiters for it, it sicks yes but nothing can be done there...

Reply to naomi
Posted by: labour lawyer | 2009/11/05

RE: IS THIS ADVERT LEGAL

Reply to labour lawyer
Posted by: Tammy | 2009/11/03

why wouldn' t it be

how many adverts say - black male / female only

so because they asking for a white person - its racist

no wonder this country is the way it is

Reply to Tammy