Question
Posted by: SB | 2011-03-28

Is this a viral infection

Hi Dr Bets

For the last 4 days I have had stiff &  tired legs - they feel heavy and sometimes a bit shaky. I have a bit of a post nasal drip, slightly scratchy throat and sneeze more often than usual (but not a lot)

I have been taking benylin 4 Flu and cal-c-vita immune. What I want to know is could I have a virus and do you recommed any OTC medication to treat the symptoms? Or should I see the doctor? I dont want to go to the doctor unless I really have to as don''t feel that ill generally.

Hallo SB
I think you could have a viral infection. You can treat yourself with Benylin 4 flu and the cal-c-vita but stay in bed too.
You should see a doctor if you have a high temperature (>38 degrees), shortness of breath, chest pain, coughing up a lot of green, yellow or bloody sputum, heart palpitations.
See also http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/tools/symptom/517.html

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-03-28

Hallo SB