Question
Posted by: mildred | 2008/07/22

is this a good diet ??

Hi Im trying to lose weight and yesterday I ate :
- one handful of kellogs allbran with low fat milk
- 2 rusks and water
-2 bananas
- 2 slice with salad (onion .tomato ,cucumber ,lettuce )
wth no dressing whatsoeaver and rooibos tea without sugar
- 1and half weetbix with fat free milk
- 1.5 litre of water per day
MY QUESTION IS - is this too much for a 24 year old who is trying to lose weight per day ??
If its too much what should I add or subtract ??
I CAN GIVE UP ANYTHING BUT NOT MY BANANAS AND RUSKS .
your feedback will be appreciated .

Dear Mildred
I think that you will lose weight on this diet, but you do realise that it is not balanced and is deficient in a number of nutrients. I also wonder if you are going to be able to sustain it for a long period? It is always better to use a balanced diet that includes foods like vegetables (not just salad ingredients), meat, fish, eggs, other fruit and additional fat-free milk or yoghurt. So you can click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, and then on 'Weight loss' and have a look at some of the slimming diets and compare it to what you are eating at present.
Good luck with the diet

1
Posted by: mildred | 2008/07/22

2 slices of brown bread .I forgot to mention that .

Reply to mildred