Question
Posted by: Just wondering | 2011/09/07

Is there such a thing?

I''m a 27yr old female and throughout the years I have heard of many women who fell pregnant " accidentally"  . i''m struggling to understand the " accidental"  part of it, how does that happen when you know what activities lead to pregnancy? I tried asking a couple of women who have experienced it and they just say that i don''t understand and get quite emotional and angry about it. I''m not trying to be funny, just want to understand..tx

I suppose I should leave it to women to respond to your question. Appropriately.
Maybe at least some people mean that contraception was used but failed ( as it can ) so the pregnancy was caused by an accidental, unplanned and unintentional failure of contraception ?

6
Posted by: Vick | 2011/09/09

I also fell pregnant by ''accident'', i was not using any contraceptives, my boyfriend was using condoms, the other day we ran out of cd''s, and we couldnt resist each other... and the following day i took morning after pill, later on i discovered that i was pregnant. It was not a planned pregnancy

Reply to Vick
Posted by: Halie | 2011/09/08

I fell pregnant by “ accident” , although I fell pregnant not because my pill failed or something. If they didn''t have protected sex, they need to say that they were stupid and silly and irresponsible to put themselves in the position to have such an “ accident” . When they say accident, they don’ t mean they didn’ t mean to have unprotected sex, they just mean they didn’ t mean to fall pregnant.

Reply to Halie
Posted by: Mommy | 2011/09/07

I am on the pill which i take religiously everyday at the same time and there are times I suspect I might be pregant as it has happened to friends who swear they took their contracepetive and fell pregnant anyway. The pill or injection is not 100% full proof as there is that chance of falling pregnant. Having said that I do know of a certain someone who fell pregannt on purpose and claimed to have been upfront with her then boyfriend about taking the pill.

Reply to Mommy

It is an interesting question, and I have wondered the same myself. Afterall, are todays contraceptives not supposed to be 99.999999%

A thing that happened to a girl I know at work- she thought she was clever and double preventing by being on the depo injection and taking the pill. She fell pregnant. When she asked the doctor how was it possible since she was on the injection and the pill, he said that the two neutralise each other out.

I am not sure if I believe it, maybe an interesting question to pose to the gynae doc, but that''s what this girl said happened to her and apparently why it happened.

Posted by: Ronel | 2011/09/07

I have 2 children, 20 months apart.
I have never gone off the pill except both times when I found out that I was pregnant.
So both times were " accidentally" .
Nothing is 100% safe, accidents do happen

Reply to Ronel