Posted by: Cv | 2008-11-07

IS there something wrong with me

Hi CS and every1 else on site.

Last nite i did it again..... i lost my COOL BIG TIME. I really need to find out if there is something wrong in my head (checmical imbalance or something)
Our evenin r really busy as im sure all working parents evening r!!! But i can' t CALMY handle the situations. I loose it , almost every nite. My hubby DOES help in the evening but i JUST FEEL SO OVERWHELMED and b4 i know it i' m shouting and crying. He said he is tired of living in a concertration camp, but there is just so much to do , bath kids ( 4 &  9 yrs) homework, supper , breakfast dishes , lunches , supper dishes, laundry....... I can' t cope and i feel guilty that i can' t and that i LOOSE IT like this.
Last year after marriage problems and due the the concertration camp story the councellor put me on Talimol for 6 months... t seems to work but the side effects where no sex drive ( not a good combination for a marriage that was already having problems ) and weight again ( 5 kgs in 2 months) I ' ve been off it now since March this year and trying to loose the weight.
Please help , i keep wondering why i am so SHORT FUSED..... i constantly feel under attack and have to be on the defensive. I dont want my kids to have to deal with this all the time but i can' t control it. I went to an anger managment workshop on Monday past and there the lady explained about the ' thinking / feeling egg"  and mine seems to be constantly out balance. She also mentioned about some people have a chemical inbalance and something about low seritonin levels . what can i do to increase my seritonin levels.
Please !!!!!!!!!!! i feel so bad and guilty , i did apologise to my family last nite and my hubby did say HE UNFORTUNATELY CAN" T UNDERSTAND WHY I GET SO WORKED UP SO QUICKLY"  he said it almost as if i flick a switch and change that fast.

Can't the 9 year-old bath himself ( with just a glance from you two to check he's actually washing ) ? Does homework need close supervision ? ( Maybe I was a freaky kid --- come to think of it, I probably was --- but I always did it without supervision, as that was expected of me ) ; you can work out a plan to share cooking and washing up ( and again, the 9 year old could help a bit ) ; laundry could be done once a week rather than daily ; and so on. Don't set yourself a schedule Superwoman couldn't cope with, and then blame youtself for, inevitably, failing. I wonder whether there may be a degree of obsessive-Compulsiveness, driving you to try too much, too hard, and then blame yourself for failing to achieve the impossible goals you set yourself.
As for ADs, there are others like Wellbutrin which don't have the side-effect of loss of libido ( and o the opthers, none of them do that in EVERYONE who takes them ). I am deeply sceptical about people who run "anger management seminars" as there are different problems leading to anger probhlems, and different solutions needed, none of them including sitting in an audience listening to a lecture, however lively.
A different antidepressant and some CBT might make a useful difference.

Posted by: BUKUNOLA | 2008-11-07

Posted by: CV | 2008-11-07

the meds where also to assist ..... with my what they called " COMPULSION TO CLEAN MY HOUSE" 
And i THINK maybe it did help to an extent but now its back and out of control......
I feel GOOD when my house is cleaned and THEN i can relax abit and have a good weekend. hubby doesnt come home early on a Friday evenin , so that he misses the CLEANING FRENZY" 
i dont want ot take meds forever. I just want to be HAPPY AND TO BE ABLE TO LET IT GO> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > 

Reply to CV