Posted by: Landie | 2010-11-24

Is there hope

Hi Doc, I started my period on 01/11. I had intercourse on the 11th, 14th and 17th. On the 20th there was a little blood and for the next day had brown with clear discharge when wiping. The discharge stopped on the 21st. I did a home pregnancy test today (24th) but it came back negative. I was so hoping that the little blood was implantation bleeding. Is there still hope that I could be pregnant? Have I tested too early?

Thanks so much for your advise.

Dear Landie
I think you have done the pregnancy test a little bit too early and it is quite possible that due to the fact that it is too early it may be negative and the possibility of a pregnancy may still be there. I suggest you wait until around the 1st December and if by then your period has still not come on it would be advisable for you to do a pregnancy test and this time rather do a blood pregnancy test, as opposed to the home pregnancy test, which is much more accurate at this stage.

Answered by Dr Dasoo