Posted by: almost mad | 2009-09-29

Is there any use?

I have lost my family(only see them on wkends), I am in a job that is extremely unsatisfying, Im depressed so I cant stop eating and Im becomming fatter and fatter, and i feel like a burden to my sister who I live with. Is there a reason I shoulnt just throw in the towel? Call it quits? I feel likie my life is pointless. Should I run away and become a bum?

Of course there's "use", lots of it. There are thousands of reasons not to throw in the towel, and lots of point to life you haven't even explored yet. You haven't seriously used the help that's available to set things right. Let's look at this
You haven't "lost" your family --- you know exactly where they are. For some reason you are not currently living with them or near them --- does that have to be a disaster ? A great many of us are in a similar situation, and those of us who have lost our families through death, can't even visit them at weekends. You have a job you find unsatisfying ? So do many other people --- and many more don't have a job at all, and wish they did, even an unsatisfying one.
You are over-eating, and need to lose weight. Its not true to say you CAN'T stop eating --- just that you haven't stopped over-eating SO FAR. See a dietician or otherwise get a good sensible diet and stick to it. Join a gym or get a good exercise program and stick to it. Don't buy or keep in the house any of the fattening stuff you over-eat. If you don't have chips and chocolates, but plenty of salds and carrots, then if you over-eat it won't do any harm.
See a good shrink who provides CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) to get a grip on all this negative and helpless thinking, which is inaccurate and unhelpful. Such a shrink can help you make and keep to positive plans to deal with all of this, changing your eating habits and eating healthily, changing your sloth to regular exercise ; enriching your present job while looking out realistically for a better job you will enjoy more. Enjoying your family when you are lucky enough to see them, and being better able to cope without them when you are on your own.
get involved in charitable and similar work, which will leave you less time for over-eating and feeling sorry for yourself, and will remind you of how many other people are much worse of than you are, but not so negative about it.
FIND point and value in your life, don't just lie around waiting for it to arrive and knock on the door. YOu can do it.

Posted by: almost mad | 2009-09-29

Thank you. I am working on findind point and value in my life. I will try harder and stick in there.

Reply to almost mad