Posted by: Didi | 2009-04-30

Is there any hope?

Dear Doc.

I have been diagnosed with endometrioses, insulan resistance, polisistic ovariuns, and a iron defiecency. Im on Glukophage 500mg for the insulan resistance. my docter says that will also help me to concieve, i am getting iron drips as well from time to time. i have been trying to fall pregnant for 6 years 29. Is there any hope for me? what else can i do?

Dear Didi

There is a lot of hope for patients who have insulin resistance, endometriosis and polycystic ovaries. What needs to be done is to ascertain if there are no abnormal sperm parameters in your partner and in addition if the endometriosis has not caused any damage to you fallopian tubes. In patients with polycystic ovaries and ovarian resistance ovulation is a common problem. There are drugs that are available to help you ovulate. These drugs should be prescribed by your gynaecologists providing that your fallopian tubes are open and the sperm parameters are good. If however the drug to help you with ovulation in addition does not help you then in-vitro fertilization or artificial insemination would be a good next step.

Answered by: Dr. Y.M. Dasoo

yes - there is hope. i had pcos. went on fertility treatment (Fertomid) and fell pregnant in my 3rd cycle. !!!! yes - yes yes - there is hope