Question
Posted by: JackwithnoStraw | 2012/10/15

Is there a problem

I need some advice, been married for 6 years, been together this Nov for a decade. I''ve noticed a decline in our sexual relationship were we only get down to around 5/6 times a month. Now we''ve spoken about it and I''ve tried making a huge effort but I''ve left it for weeks and instead of things increasing, they''ve come down to 0.
Is there a problem? No effort is been made and it''s very one sided. I feel we are still young and should be more active.

Hi JWNS
(See my response to the last Anon's last posting.)

There is no doubt that if there is a change in a sexual relationship that is not talked about, this will sooner or later present as a problem in the relationship itself. The danger is that both parties in the relationship suppress their feelings and don’t talk to each other so that the sexual relationship eventually falls apart altogether. The reset button needs to be pushed, feelings ventilated, and a mutual assurance of support, non-judgement and loving kindness be communicated. If this is not possible, then there may be an issue in the relationship that is expressing itself sexually, in which case a relationship counselor would be very helpful. Either way, if this kind of problem continues it can be a very valuable experience for personal and mutual growth to consult with a sex therapist.
Anthony – SASHA. For further information please consult SASHA’S website at www.sexualhealth.qw.co.za/dru. For referral to a professional in your vicinity, please send an email to helpline.sasha@gmail.com.

1
Posted by: sexologist | 2012/10/16

Hi JWNS

Reply to sexologist