Posted by: Darkie | 2009-03-05

Is there a cure for Herpes

Dear Sexologist

Is there a cure for Herpes? I read an article about it when u were explaining to Helen about types &  stages of Herpes. I am so ashamed about this because I do have it. I developed blisters last year and i went to the Dr who sent my blood for testing other things except Herpes. I contacted someone and ask about the symptons and he told me that its Herpes.

I do I cure this? Is it cureable? can it disappear your whole life?

Herpes is extremely common and there is no cure for it at this stage. The virus lie dormant in the nerve endings and when the immune system is weakens or with severe stress, the virus flares up resulting in the blisters that generally take a couple weeks to disappear. Acyclovir is the drug commonly used to treat the condition. Discuss your treatment options with your GP. Use condoms systematically and correctly.

Posted by: ........................ | 2009-03-06

check yo status

Reply to ........................