Question
Posted by: Lynda | 2012/10/31

Is their any help out their

I hope someone can help we are desperate I have a 21 years old mentally challenged son,his is at present on 30mg Ablify,400mg tegretol,400mg topmax,we can''t get his behaviour under control agression, mood swings,noises he is up at 4 in the morning already. it is driving us crazy,Doctor won''t answer mu call think he can''t even help us any more what do we do HELP HELP do we kill him ????

How sad that sasa is so unhelpful, thank goodbness for CP Mom who knows far more about this sort of situation. Yes, you need a good assessment and good advice from a relevant expert, either a psychiatrist or neurologist with a special interest in such problems, maybe at your nearest medical school. It doesn't sound as though the current meds are helping much if at all - if your doctor, really, is being so irresponsible as not to answer and respond to your calls, see another doctor.

9
Posted by: Lynda | 2013/02/01

Hi no assistance with what we have to deal with there really is no help out there,so sad
thanks

Reply to Lynda
Posted by: Martin | 2012/11/18

Hi Lynda - did you manage to get any assistance with what you are dealing with yet?

Reply to Martin
Posted by: Lynda | 2012/11/01

Sorry forgot to tell you all it cost about R5000.00 per month to put him in to these so called homes,where they will drug him till he does not no if he is Arthur or Martha,ask me I know I have see it been to so many home''s you won''t believe what goes on there until you have,a child like mine,i think we will just become on of South African statistics ??? our if we don''t get into heaven on day we going to toitoi
if someone once to sponser R5000.00 per month will be greatful but how do you live with you conscience to just frop him off at one of these homes and leave him there to be forgotton about or where they will kill him

Reply to Lynda
Posted by: Lynda | 2012/11/01

Lilly you have no idea what you talking about therapist to cope they can''t even cope he was in Benoni best Glenview witha therapist even they could not help so my girl wake up walk one day in my shoe''s and we can talk again

Reply to Lynda
Posted by: Lynda | 2012/11/01

ignore bitchy remarks SASA
how can i contact you i do live in Kempton Park and believe me we have the best Physcatrist their is in south Africa this has been and on going thing for 21 years, not just now,no home will take him becasue of his behaviour we have tried trust me,and is that all people can say put him in a home he has as much right to be at his mome as any normal person should be,He has been on so many different meds to many to even mention this is the last lot his is on, like I said the so called medical profesion nearly killed him in July in hospital with a over dose of medication , he can''t even help him he has even had a stay in Weskoppies about 5 years ago what a disaster from 79 kg he went up to 132kg mo you tell me their are docotrs out their that can help I don''t think so.long road for you to go till where we are now,he was at Con Amore School even they battled to cope with so you see is their any help out their contact me if you can

Reply to Lynda
Posted by: CP MOM | 2012/10/31

Lynda please ignore bitchy remarks like Sasa.

I also have a mentally challenged daughter of 15, people have no idea the pain and suffering WE AS PARENTS go through. The moods these kids or adult in your case have. You cannot physically force them to do something, they are just to strong, how angry they get, how you cannot have a discussion or explain things to them, why they have to go somewhere or do something, how you can''t bribe them to be good etc etc etc.

My heart goes out to you my dear. This is a long horrible road we have to travel and we have to do what is best for us, them and our other family members.

In which town do you stay? If he is on tegretol it means he is epileptic.... who is your neurologist? I have a fantastic neurologist - also I have the name of another one who has been able to get my friends daughter under control after 12 years of seeing doctors.

May I ask if you have considered putting him in a home? I know this is a very difficult option and one we do not like to ever think of. I myself always say I never will and get angry when people suggest it, but .....

Are you taking care of yourself? You know you have to look after you before you can look after such a child/person.

I was also at the end of my everything when i joined here nearly 10 years ago...(geez can''t believe it''s been so long)....and I found alot of help here.

If you are in Johannesburg I also belong to a group called " mothers with disabled children"  we learn alot from each other.

Good luck *hug*

Reply to CP MOM
Posted by: Lilly | 2012/10/31

You need to see a therapist to help you and your family cope. And A psyciatrist to get him on better medication. If it really gets too unbearabel you could consider putting him in a home.

all the best
Lilly

Reply to Lilly
Posted by: Sasa | 2012/10/31

Are you back or white. Consult in an african way

Reply to Sasa