Question
Posted by: K | 2010/01/11

Is the injection safe?

Hello,
I' ve been on Nordette for about 2 years now. The sister at my pharmacy told me about the injection that is given once every 3 months. I have a few concerns though, does the injection make you sterile? Can it be healthy to not get your period? What are the side effects? Does it make you pick up weight?

The injection does not make you sterile but there is along time period before fertility returns. It is fine not to have your period on the injection because it works by thinning the womb lining so there is nothing to bleed. Some women do gain weight.

3

Posted by: K | 2010/01/12

Thank you :-)

Reply to K
Posted by: Mizo | 2010/01/12

Well i was on the injection it made me pick up a lot of weight and i had no period at all,but i have stopped now for 7 months.Am trying to fall pregnant but no luck i just hope it did not make me sterile.So i think you should not think of using a injection try the yasmim pills very good you wont again weight at all.

Reply to Mizo