Question
Posted by: wondering | 2009-09-10

Is suicide a legitimate decision?

Please help: People would kill for the life I have. I have all the financial, emotional, social, physical... support I could ever want. I do as I please when I please, YET I think about my own suicide almost daily. I imagine being shot. I imagine car crashes every time I get into my car. Why does it seem I have a death wish? I' m only 25 with anything I could desire at my doorstep. Is suicide really a legit. way out? I have days when I' m genuinely at peace and happy with my life, but I always have a niggling feeling deep down that is sad and hopeless that is quite prepared to end life as I know it EVEN on a happy day! What to do?

Legitimate ? According to which laws ? It is certainly a very understandable thought in some circumstances, but rarely justifiable. But maybe your question is about whether it is EVER justifiable. I believe it can never be justifiable, at any rate, until someone has seen more than one psychiatrist and psychiologicst for peroper assessment and treatment. Far too many people, under the influence of depression, untreated or insufficiently treated, decide for suicide unnecessarily.
DO see a good local shrink as soon as practical, for a proper assessment and discussion of diagnosis and treatment. And separately --- how can you feel sure suicide is a way out ? And what if it is a way in, to a situation you might enjoy even less ? DO take seriously the advice of @ wondering, and work towards re-discovering the joy

1
Posted by: @ wondering | 2009-09-11

Sweetie, you are depressed. I felt the same way, and after numerous suicide attempts and after nearly destroying my family, I finally got the help I needed.

Please, please, just go see a psychiatrist as soon as you can. Go today. Make the choice to live. Those little pills will REALLY help. And the sooner you get help, the sooner you can feel joy again :)

Reply to @ wondering