Question
Posted by: Stieneke | 2009-06-25

Is sporanox save during pregnancy?

Hi I have Candida in my bladder. I am 22 weeks pregnant. My gyne prescribed sporanox for me the use the clear this up. Is it better to wait after the baby is born to clear the Candida or must I do it while pregnant, I was searching on the web the get more detail regarding spranox and it looks to me it is not safe to drink at all??? Is that true. I DON" T WANT TO HARM THE BABY!!!! Please advice?????? Urgently. I have the prescribtion but is to afraid to drink this pills. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sporonox should not be used in pregnancy. You can use Canesten pessaries though.